Two standing lions, one of them with open jaw. It are bronze copies of the two lions that originally decorated the square and that were very popular in the town. The copies were made in 2001 by Pablo Curbelo to protect the original ochre painted cement lions, made in 1920 by Francisco Spínola Gómez and Juan Martín, natives of Teguise. The orignals are now on the patio of the Palacio Spínola.
- Francisco 'Paco' Curbelo Martín (San Bartolomé, Lanzarote 1956),
(Website - Biography).
- Juan Martín, sculptor from Teguise, Lanzarote.
- Francisco Spínola Gómez, sculptor from Teguise, Lanzarote.
Sources & Information
- Lanzarote Internacional Turismo, Esculturas.
- Catálogo arquitectónico y carta etnográfica de Teguise (Lanzarote), 2014 (PDF on-line).
Locatie (N 29°3'33" - W 13°33'36")
Item Code: esca458; Photograph: 20 April 2018
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt