Bronze statue of Columbus on a high pedestal.
The first monument to Columbus of the country, made at the same time as those in Chivilcoy and Buenos Aires in 1892, at the occasion of the 400th anniversary of his arrival in America. The square was named originally Plaza 9 de Julio, but in 1992 by Municipal ordinance renamed to Columbus in tribute to the centenary of the monument and the 500th anniversary of the discovery of the Admiral.
Sources & Information
- Asociacion Ecologista Rio Mocoreta, Monte Caseros.
- CAEMC | Cooperativa Agropecuaria y de Electricidad Monte Caseros Ltda., Monte Caseros.
- Photo: horaciogoya, 29 Nov 2007. See horaciogoya's photos on Panoramio.
Location (S 30°14'57" - W 57°37'46")
Item Code: ar018;
Added: 27 January 2007
/ Updated: 6 January 2011
© Website: René & Peter van der Krogt