Parque de Colón
Aguadilla Cruz de Culebrinas (Old Cross)
On the base of the monument is the date:
19 DE NOVIEMBRE DE
At the fourth centenary of the discovery of Puerto Rico, in 1893, this cross was erected in Aguadilla, the supposed landing place. This monument felled down by an earthquake, followed by a tsunami on 11 October 1918, the remains are still visible.
After the neighbouring town of Aguada had erected a similiar cross in 1928, saying that Aguada was the 1493 landing place, in Aguadilla the cross was reconstructed in 1937, see the new cross.
This monument on postcards
Location N 18°24'47" W 67°9'41"
Item Code: pr005;
Added: 11 August 2003
© Website: René & Peter van der Krogt