Plaza de Colon
Marble statue atop column. Columbus is standing with a flag in his left hand and a globe in his right hand.
The "Plaza de Colón" originally called St. James Square was renamed in 1893 to honor Christopher Columbus on the 400th anniversary of his discovery of Puerto Rico; bronze tablets at the pedestal of the Columbus statue record important episodes in the explorer's life.
This monument on postcards
Sources & Information
- Photos by Ann Shevlin.
- Plaque: DDB Stock Photography, Pictures of Christopher Columbus (was http://www.ddb.simplenet.com/columbus2.html).
Locatie (N 18°27'57" - W 66°6'43")
Item Code: pr010;
Added: 11 August 2003
© Website: René & Peter van der Krogt